Material is property of Fuller Theological Seminary. Scholarly use permitted within parameters of copyright law.
Jar, Akkadian Empire, ca. 2300 B.C.E. - 2150 B.C.E.
Small Lamp, Iron Age II ca. 1000 B.C.E. - 550 B.C.E.
Large Lamp, Unknown date
Early Fuller faculty member, Dr. William LaSor, taught Old Testament from 1949-1980. LaSor arranged for a collection of Ancient Near Eastern pottery to be transferred to the Seminary in 1954.
The collection reflects LaSor’s emphasis on understanding the material culture and historical context of biblical narratives.
His research with artifacts, including the Dead Sea Scrolls, helped lay the Seminary’s foundation for international biblical scholarship.