Jean Stone Willans (b. 1924) was a primary catalyst of the Charismatic Renewal. The Blessed Trinity Society was organized in 1960 to promote the renewal. It served as the supporting institution that brought Jean Stone to hundreds of churches, colleges, universities and auditoriums in the U.S.A., Canada, Mexico and Great Britain. From 1961-1965, she edited Trinity, an influential magazine that the early growth of the movement and coined the term “charismatic renewal.” The collection includes materials mostly from 1961-2004, with some earlier documents from Jean and Rick's family histories. The core of the collection is the complete run of Jean and Rick's newsletters while on mission in Indonesia and Hong Kong, which recount the history of their ministry. This is supplemented by a large correspondence file and several boxes of photos, documents and mementos covering the years 1967 to 1984, as well as documentation of the Memorial which was erected in Kowloon in honor of their contribution there.The collection contains correspondence, published and unpublished works, photographs, music texts, memorabilia, scrapbooks, and other materials documenting the Willanses life and ministry.
Material is property of Fuller Theological Seminary. Scholarly use permitted within parameters of copyright law.
Fuller Seminary Archives and Special Collections, "COLLECTION 0002: Papers of Jean Stone and Richard J. Willans, 1943-2010" (2018). List of Archival Collections. 125.